Stability Issues

Let us know what you think we should improve on our site.
SmokeWagon
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stability Issues

Post by SmokeWagon » Mon May 08, 2017 6:25 pm

The server, as of late, has been having some serious stability issues, to wit; developing increasingly bad lag until the server crashes, stutter and lately I've been seeing something new, getting "buried" half in the floor at the beginning of the round, thought it was just me,, but I saw it happen to another player the other night....I for one would appreciate someone looking into it...

-Smoke
175 411 5H175 4ND 6166135 UN711 50M30N3 6166135 4ND 5H175

l4zy415
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Stability Issues

Post by l4zy415 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:41 pm

The players being shown in half the ground, thats been happening for awhile. I usually tell people to jump and crouch at the same time to get out of that. But the crashing is something to look in. I remember talking to Matt about it, but its been a year.

Quake
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Quake » Wed May 10, 2017 8:50 pm

I have ruled out all causes for this issue besides two. The only two possible causes are:

1. The GunGame5 is run on eventscripts which hasn't been supported in quite some time. It is being converted but who knows how long that will take. I have attempted to try and switch to a support GunGame plugin to attempt to fix this issue but TNA refuses to allow me to make the changes, and I have to respect that because he pays the bills for the CS:S/CS:GO server, not I. I definitely feel switching to GunGame:Source-mod would a much higher performance quality, as well as better the registration and fix any other possible issues caused by running an outdated plugin/addon on our server.

2. I truly believe number 1. is the cause of the issues, but the skin plugin could be causing people to get stuck into the ground on spawn. Granted, it is easy to get out, but it is still an inconvenience. I can always disable the plugin temporarily to see if that fixes the issue with people getting stuck in the floor, but I honestly have only had it happen to me once, so I don't know how beneficial it would be, unless we went a long period without the skins that everyone has grown used to and grown to love.

Lag, performance issues, bullet registration issues, server crashes (which happens more often than you think), have all been confirmed to be caused by Eventscripts. A few people of our clan are hesitant to change because we would definitely lose the !buylevel and !assist commands, but is the lack of decent performance really worth those commands? I mean, technically, in my mind, it is cheating, especially when it comes to newer people who are unaware of that command being existent. But the main reason I haven't made the change is due to TNA being determined and persistant that he wants to keep GG5 on there until it is fully converted. I feel this is mainly because he knows one of the developers of GG5.

tnarocks
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by tnarocks » Thu May 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Gungame for Source Python is still in testing right now and has not been fully relesased for it yet. If someone wants to make a test server for css and install source python and the gungame addon and tes it out with the same addons that have for the server now.